Saturday, December 21, 2013

How to EXCITE a Salad

I know many of you are probably thinking salads are boring and require a ton of vegetables or salad dressing in order to liven then up right?

Well, I have a secret that can make your salad amazing. They key lies in the choice of lettuce and fresh herbs.

That's right, not all salads are made of simply iceberg, spinach or romaine - get creative!

I myself enjoy picking out organic romaine, chard, arugula, radicchio, and whatever else looks fresh as I walk around the produce section (both green and red when available).

Then I add FRESH herbs (critical) like dill, cilantro and parsley. I am not a fan off the dry herbs - unless I have no choice. In fact, I prefer buying the herb in the pot and growing it in the kitchen until I need it, and then trim it as needed.

I like salad to have flavor, color and texture.

Then I myself usually add avocado, tomatoes and a small amount of dressing (not to overpower or change the consistency). As for dressing, I am fond of one based with Tahini - but its up to you. 


It can be made quickly, it is healthy and you might find that you'll love it.

I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment